Why do we charge an adoption fee?
Our adoption fees pay for less than 1/2 of the cost of vetting each pet, even if the pet is in good health. We depend on donations to cover the rest of the costs. The image to the right demonstrates all the standard things we spend before a dog is available for adoption. The costs may vary but what this doesn't show is emergency vet visits, training, food, and the most important item - TOYS!!! Throw in blankets, beds, and treats and the costs add up. So you see, our adoption fee is a bargain!
How much are the adoption fees?
Cats and Kittens: $65.00
Dogs and Puppies: $200.00
What vetting does the adoption fees cover?
All pets will be tested and receive vaccines as age appropriate. If the animal is too young at the time of adoption to receive certain tests or vaccines, it is the adopter's responsibility to keep them up to date with their personal vet, at their own cost. This includes spay/neuter which is a requirement adoption but will be paid for by the adopter.
What are the requirements to adopt?
1. Be at least 18yrs old.
2. Keep the animal as a family pet.
3. Not keep the animal on a chain.
4. Keep the animal up to date on all vaccines.
5. Have the approval of your landlord.
6. Agree to spay or neuter the animal if they are too young at the time of adoption.
7. Agree to bring the animal back to our rescue if you are no longer able to care for the animal.
8. Allow the rescue to do a home visit.
PLEASE NOTE: Please be patient with our adoption process as it may take longer than expected. We are a volunteer run rescue and most of our volunteers have jobs and families to tend to as well.